Oh how I must bribe the little one. Miss Mia is on her first official day of potty training. (this is where I don't give up after 2 hours) I made a composed pile of all the notes from friends, family, and my beloved efriends. And came up with some good ideas. So this morning, I am hoping I removed my last diaper from Mia.
For your viewing pleasure, and for sake of keeping notes of what works. Here is what I have compiled as what to do...
- NO more diapers. All gone. Make them disappear. Diapers = confusion
- Make a BIG deal, and I mean a BIG deal out of her new big girl pants. Even if it means Alex has to wear them outside of his sleeper...(I'm willing to walk around in just my big girl pants and a tshirt if that's what it takes.)
- Have a fancy bribery tool handy. I have chosen a small IKEA jar (because god knows I have enough) filled with bright yummy MnM's. She pee's. She get's an MnM. She Poops...well that is for another week, I am just working on the pee for now
- I am willing to also create a large sticker chart if necessary.
- I did have to put my cheering skills to good use. She peed in her potty today, I think I peed myself I was so excited, I cheered, I danced (the cabbage patch and the running man, Piper was witness) and I rewarded with kisses, high 5's, fist bumps (yes she does this) thumbs up, and the holy jar of MnM's.
- She is now down for her nap. I made a HUGE deal out of her big girl pull ups, as so she does not get confused thinking there are diapers. No siree. (and thanks to the fact that Alex was taking a nap he didn't have to wear the pull ups) Then we also bribed her to bed for nap a little earlier then (I was getting a little off schedule) she get's to hold and watch my very nice Tinkerbell globe, with lights, song and glitter. Then it goes back on top of the dresser (far far away from her)
So HOORAY for me, HOORAY for Mia, and HOORAY for potty training...












