I am SO freaking LAZY! It blows my mind how much I could get done, but I don't. The days I have energy, I am out and about, the days I am pooped I am at home, supposed to be doing house work.
I seriously realize that I have a problem, a real issue with doing anything I am supposed to do. I have swaps to do, for a Christmas Card Swap for tomorrow night, 12 of the with envelopes. I have a swap of 16 cards for my meeting on Monday, I have 50 cards to make for my IL's and I have my own Christmas cards to make. Thank god I am done with classes for the year. I will miss everyone, but we are all busy during the holiday season.
I have tried everything, a good one is to set a timer for 30 minutes, when it goes off I am to check if I am on my original task. Right, I get sidetracked before I can even set the timer to check on myself. Sigh, what to do.
I have a desk and paper work to organize, I have cards to make, laundry coming out my ears, clean and dirty, But there is always something to do, or somewhere to be. I have tried to take things away from myself, and reward myself, but it doesn't work.
This is the hardest job for me, because I have to be my own boss. Maybe I will have Ed make me a list of what to do. Then since I didn't make up the list, I will have to do it. It's like I need to screw with my own head.
Well I only have 42 minutes until Survivor, and if I want to watch it with some sanity left, I need to bathe my child, and get her bed changed. I did already make Ed's dinner for work. But I need to work on those swaps too! Yikes, and when I get tired around 8, that does not leave me a lot of time!
I did find something that worked today. I hung a few post-it notes on my monitor that read this message to myself "Lazy ass Mother fucker" "Stay away from this computer" "go do something" "NOW"
It worked, I came back to my computer a few hours later, and saw them. That is why Ed's dinner is made. I am on here now, because they were cheap post-its and fell off. Still a lame excuse, now I need good post-its and a lot of them...
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Lazy ass mother effer
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
6:08 PM












