Saturday, December 29, 2007

Alex was angry, and Ed is cut off

Alex was very angry, kicking and flipping around all morning, having those damn monitors strapped to me is what makes him mad. And since he is still tiny and can move so much, they put one on each side of my tummy to watch him.

Why did I have monitors on all morning? Only because I woke up at 8:30 this morning to find myself bleeding, so I had the Dr. paged, and he wanted me to go up to St. Joe's Birthing Suites to check me out.

Alex is fine. Kicking like a soccer player, heartbeat normal. My blood pressure is great, temp great. Dr. Quell came in to give me an exam. O.U.C.H. That sucked so bad! Using the usual plastic duck bill to shove up me, crank it open to what feels like 6" wide, and I counted 8, 15" Qtip swaps to clean out the blood and whatever else.

Oh yeah the reason why, I was still freaked, but I had a good idea that the sex Ed and I had at 6:30 this morning is what did it. Dr. Quell said I am just very sensitive there, so sad to say we are cut off from any booty calls until I see Dr. again in a few weeks.

This I may tell you is not just on Ed. I am unlike most pregnant women, I can't keep my paws off him. So this is sad news for both of us. We decided that we would hold off on sex until after the baby is born. We were just afraid of hurting him, or making the cervix bleed anymore. Plus there is another 6-8 weeks after the baby. But it's nice that this was Ed's idea, and we just don't need anymore hospital runs, and scary incidents.

End of story, no more sex. Mom and Alex are OK. I am on light rest for the rest of the day (per Dr. no housework, no picking up Mia, just relax all day) I have a lot of business work I have to do, so I guess today will be the day to do it! Oh and for the record, this is the second time in 9 years Ed has called into work. (He was supposed to be at the video store from 11-7)

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker