Monday, December 31, 2007

A year of closure, loss, and life

So it seemed that my year was to get closure on friendships. Either bad or good.

The beginning of the year started sadly with the death of my ex boyfriend, Joe, his brother, John. Joe was my first serious boyfriend from the age of 16 to 20. I need to briefly tell you that he has a HUGE family, baby of 6, with 4 brother-in-laws, and a sister-in-law, not to mention 7 nieces and nephews and 2 great nieces. When I left him, it was almost harder to leave the family.

When I met Ed I realized that the boy I had been in love with for over 4 years, was not what I needed to be happy for the rest of my life. Ed was. Joe and I spoke after we broke up occasionally for about 6 months, but we moved on and I haven't seen him or his family for at least 7 years. Until I showed up at his brothers wake last February. Let me tell you I just about threw up before I walked in that door. I had no idea if his sisters were still mad, or maybe 7 years was enough to forgive me for breaking there baby brothers heart.

I barely made it through the door with out being hugged and welcomed with open arms. I think it meant a lot that I showed up. Even though it was a horrible place and time in there lives, and as greedy as this may sound, to me it was closure that they didn't hate me, they were still close as ever, and to see that Joe and his wife Julie were happy was what I needed.

The craziest thing is that the nieces and nephews that were just kids in grade school, were now graduating high school, and so BIG! The best part was they all remembered me. They sat around and told me stories that even I had forgotten, and his sisters all said they still have a ton of pictures of me.

This was probably the best closure I had all year.

There were others, with some old friends that were unfinished. Either I had, or they had contacted me (thank god for MySpace) and we said what was never said, but needed to be.

The loss was of 2 of our closest family members. Pumpkin Harry Carugati (Punkie), a 21 year old, male, orange and white cat. My parents bought him when I was only 9 years old. Even though he lived such a long and happy life it was still sad to see him go.

And Lady Citgo Carugati (Citgo) a black and white, very large female cat. My dad rescued from the Citgo plant. She was very loving every minute and knew how lucky she was to be with my parent. Sadly they only had 5 years with her, the abuse and life style she had before us caught up to her.

The life was a few things to me.

The great life that I get to watch my parents enjoy, living out in there wooded acre, retired, and enjoying everyday of there life together.
The life of my daughter growing everyday. She amazes me every time I turn around, she just gets more beautiful and smarter.
And of course the life, Ed and I have started with Alexander Edward, who will be making his grand entrance sometime at the end of April.

Hopefully you all had the kind of year you wanted. Or are making plans to grow and learn from the past year and move forward, with a happy and healthy year. Have a safe night. And Happy New Year 2008!!

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker