Hello. I am here today to talk to you about the difference between Snow Drifts, (see Channahon, IL right now) and just snow.
I had fun plans for last night. Yes, I did, baby sitter all planned, the whole shabang. I was going to my friends house with some other friends and we were going to stamp all night!
So everyone is freaking out because it is going to snow a few inches. Sissies. I can do snow, I will not and I refuse to let a little snow stop me.
Unless the wind is so bad and it creates these Snow Drifts from hell.
Do you live somewhere warm and don't understand? Snow fall was about 5-6 inches where I live. Snow drift is when God decides to take the 5-6 inches of snow and blow it wherever he wants. Example?
Example a.My deck had 7 inches of snow, right off the deck there is no snow just grass, twards the fence, same yard, a 2 foot snow drift.
Example b. My driveway. One side some parts no snow, behind the Ford Explorer, 2 foot snow drift.
SO, this is why I had to stay home, because the main route to my friends house is I-80 which is all open land around it. You could be driving along just fine one minute the you have a 2 foot drift in front of you the next. Really depends on which way God wanted the wind to blow. (I-80 was closed last night) that really makes comuting fun!
So I sit at home with candles burning, my power went out for about an hour. ( and just for more fun I was in my basement when that happened, dark, very dark)
So I stamped all by myself.
So my point for being so salty about the snow drifts is, I am not a sissy when it comes to driving. Snow? Sideways rain? You name it I will drive in it, unless it is snow drifts, which would have been just stupid, I just get agravated. I also would like to rant on how much I hate people who freak out about the weather. I know we all have our comfort zones, with everything, weather being one of them. But when it is a little snow or a little rain, get over it.
Yes I have slid out of control. Yes 2 years ago december, I spun out on black ice and spun 3 times each time hitting the guard rail, I have driven in rain coming down so hard, it looks like your in a car wash. (I love the midwest!)
Anyway, suck it up, deal with it, it could aways be worse. Yes I feel better now.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Snow Drifts v.s. Snow
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
2:32 PM












