Thursday, February 8, 2007

Some good closure

So I had an experience with my past on Tuesday, (the 6th). I will start my story off on Sunday my mom had called me to tell me that in the obituaries was John Martin Jr. my ex-boyfriend from High School's brother. (Some sort of accident) So I decited to go to the wake on Tuesday.

I went by myself, that is how the family knew me. (thanks Jen for watching Mia) I just about threw up before I went in, I didn't know how they would react, I assumed I would say "hi" pay my respects and leave.

Not the case I was welcomed with open arms by all of his sisters and parents. It was great seeing all of the nieces and nephews again, they are all young adults now. They liked my short black hair, reminding me that I once had hot pink hair. (that's a whole other story!) Red hair, short short hair, long hair, every kind of hair, but this was new. They all remarked at one point how they were going thru pictures and found many pictures of me, bringing back many family memories.

It's hard for me to tell anyone this story without them maybe wondering why I care so much for this family. One because my heart goes out to them, John was only 32. Plus this was my other family for 5 years.

I did get to see other friends, made Jennifer's day (one of Joe's sisters) I went and talked with Joe's wife, Julie, for a while. She had art class with my sister in H.S. and I was friends with her brother Brian.

I talked with Joe. He is doing well. Julie and him live in Joliet, for the time being he is still climbing trees. (Tree trimmer for electric co.'s) Not as close to Jennifer as he was back then. Kinda sad, he always had her up on a pedastil. That being one reason why Jennifer and I couldn't get along. But Joe said he was happy, and Julie is good to him. I almost needed to know this because of the crappy way we ended. That is all I wanted was for him to be as happy as I am.

But over all it seemed like the Martin Family was alway's in the back of my mind, not everyday, but maybe a few times a year. Even though I have a new family now, one that is perfect in my eyes, I have everything I wanted.

Someone who loves me for who I am
A roof over our heads
Parents who are close to us
A start of a beautiful family

This is what I wish for everyone, to be as happy as me. Now I have closure on something that I always wondered about.

R.I.P. John P. Martin Jr. 1974-2007

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker