Here are all of the jobs that I have graced with my presents...starting from the begining...
Assistant Labor- From when I was old enough to hold a hammer, I would try to assist my dad in every project he got into. Still employeed
K-Mart-1994- This cashier job lasted me 3 months I was seasonal help. So they told me to leave. Bite me.
Aurielo's Pizza- 1995 I was a bus girl, I loved it, then I worked at the steam kitchen. This job was again about 3 months. I didn't want to work durring my summer vacation. So I left.
Jewel Foods- 1995-1998 I was a bagger for 2 months then I worked in the floral department for the other 2 years and 10 months. Needed full time with out the possiblity of being transfered to Jewel in Chicago. So I left.
Farmers Ins. -1997 This job lasted about 2 months it was stupid. I was kinda like the file girl, then he tried to get me to make cold calls to sell insurance. (barf in mouth) I loathe cold callers, I couldn't do it. So I left,
Atrill Vet Clinic-1997-1998 I was the Kennel cleaner. It was cool though, I got to see alot of different breeds of dogs, cats some cool birds. I got my ass kicked by a goose and saw a very large dead dear in the dead cooler. It was big. So I left (not because of the deer)
Empress Casino-1998-2000 This is my life changing event. I was a Casino Cage Cashier, counted an insane amount of money. Met my husband Ed and my best friend Jen there. Learned alot at that job. Next job had more money, so I left.
Utility Concrete Co.-2000 This job was great, I was an Administrative Assistant. I filed, typed, I was a glorified secretary. Then the dispatch girl left on maternity leave, so they trained me in dispatching out the concrete orders for ComEd, and other companys. This was hard but fun, until they decited not to hire a Administrative Assistant to fill my old job, but to have me do both. What?!? These are both 8 hour jobs, I was good at multi tasking but not that good. So I left.
Empress Casino-2000 Yes I just could not get enough the first time. I got a job this time as a Slot Machine Auditor. I would have rather eaten glass and shit it out twice. That was the worst job I ever had. After my 90 days, Andrea the big fat bitch told me that since the asshole that trained me, showed me all the wrong shortcuts. So they let me go. Assbags.
Harris Bank Cub North-formally know as First National Bank of Joliet 2000-2003 Teller for about 5 months, then I was trained as a Personal Banker, I loved this job, I was good with people and empathetic twards there crazy banking ways. This job paid well, the hours sucked ass. It was a bank, yes but a grocery store bank that was open 7 days a week M-F 10 am-8pm and Sat & Sun 10 am- 4pm. Yuck. Then Sue came along. I guess they thought both Cub North and South needed to be babysat. We got lots of rules, you must open so many of each account a month, so many mortgages, so many loans. Ha! If I could get rewarded for all the fee reversals, I did have alot of loan requests but most of my customers had shit credit or none to get a loan. So I sadly left, so did the 2 Assistant managers, Branch Manager, and a fistful of tellers, same with Cub South. Way to go Sue! You suck. So I left.
VCA Channahon Animal Hospital- 2003 This was a 6 month job that I really liked but paid shit, from bankers commission to Front desk at VCA was a big change, I made fun friends and loved my boss, Sandy! But I left.
Harrah's Casino Joliet- 2003-2005 Yes again I seem to love the abuse of the Casino world, I had friends from Empress who worked here. So again I was a Casino Cashier. Good $$, great new friends! Shavonne, Len, Juan, Terri!
Ok so this job was great, until I threw away money. oops. Not so much my fault, I had table chips, they were in a bag, I set them on the counter. I guess they way the cashier bagged them and the way that I set them on the counter and the dipshit who thought it was genius to put a garbage can at the end of the counter. Well you do the math, bag. end of counter. garbage can.
So they next day everyone is freaking out because there is roughly $2300 worth of table chips missing. I balanced, not to confuse you it was a paperwork thing, I never got them so I wasn't missing them, but the cashier who sent them to my bank had the paper trail that ended at me.
So they ask me if I rememeber this one bag of chips. Yes fuck face, out of all the hundred bags I get I remember that one.
So surveillence reviews the tapes, finally after 6 hours they see them fall into the garbage.
I get taken to security to get questioned. They ask me a ton of questions, like it was a metal garbage can, why didn't you hear it? Are you serious?
Here are a few reasons why I did not hear it...
1. Casino floor is loud. Ever been to one? At night? Music, games, people?
2. I worked grave yard, the cans were emptied at the end of my shift, so there was a bunch of paperwork in there, cushioned any noise.
3. I have alot of shit going on in that crazy place, the last thing I am doing is scoping out the garbage cans.
So I was put on a strict probation, lets just say, lack of sleep, stress from knowing if you mess up your out a job, and retarded rules. I didn't do so hot. But out of a 11 month probation I made it 5 months.
So they fired me. I knew it was coming, that night I didn't even show up in my uniform, and I parked in Handicap. I knew it would be quick.
So fuck them and the horse they road in on. (well no I like horses, just fuck them)
So the highlight of this was, they fired me. Statement made.."We have to let you go, you know why, it wasn't your fault, you understand right?"
Sure, I get the summer off, and I will be at the unemployement office first thing in the morning.
They fought it. twice durring my 6 month paid vacation. Ha ha eat shit retards.
Home Maker- 2005-June 2nd 2006- Since I was fired we decited that I would stay unemployed, collect unemployment, then make babies.
Stay at Home Mom / SAHM June 2nd 2006 @1:23 am- Yes down to the minute I know when I got this job. This is my favorite, pay is shit, but I have better benifets then anyone on the planet! Hard job, fun job, best job. I think I will stay at this job.
So that is the retarded life of mine, I did jobs for money, or because I would like the job, or because of friends. I did jobs that made me happy. As soon as I was unhappy, to the point that I could not change the situation. I left. Not that I run away when I am not happy, but with jobs there are so many to chose from and different things to do. I figured as long as I was employed what does it matter how many W-2's I have at tax time!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Jobs I have had
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
11:05 AM












