Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Security (Real ID)

I saw on my AOL news today, that the government will be implementing new ID's for everyone born after 1964. They say they are post 9/11 security rules that the federal officials are working on.

The idea, supposed to be this year has been pushed back to 2011, because of skeptical state officials. Even with more time, more federal help and technical advances, REAL ID still faces stiff opposition from civil liberties groups.

I guess my concern is, grow some balls and tell us these are your new ID's, if you have an issue with it, move to another country. I love the idea of better security. I wish our ID's expired sooner. Seriously, some states like Arizona keep the same ID for 10 years! Are you kidding me?

I have nothing to hide, and I want to live in a safer country. So if caring a Real ID is what I need to do. So be it.

I also read, that the DMV will start by taking your picture first. Just in case through out the process. If for some reason the realize you are not able to obtain an ID, and they need to turn you away, they have your picture on file in case you are trying to con the system again.

It also read that by 2014, anyone seeking to board an airplane or enter a federal building would have to present a REAL ID-compliant driver's license, with the notable exception of those more than 50 years old, Homeland Security officials said.

The over-50 exemption was created to give states more time to get everyone new licenses, and officials say the risk of someone in that age group being a terrorist, illegal immigrant or con artist is much less. By 2017, even those over 50 must have a REAL ID-compliant card to board a plane. I am sure they did research on this, but I think it should be straight across the board. But as long as they do it eventually for everyone.

Right now a handful of states have signed to do this, but 17 have opposed. Saying that cost is to high for a security measure like this. I have no problem spending the money for security all over my country.

If we would pay more attention to our countries needs, spend the money on ID's and immigration walls, more rules. I don't care. Protect me, that is your job.

Put up a security camera every 3 feet. Again I would rather be safe the sorry. I have nothing to hide. So sign me up for a Real ID drivers license, and a security camera strapped to my head!

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker