Me and my best friend Jen at our Annual "L" picture!
Gregg and me on the Metra on the way to the City
Waiting on the curb with my new Chicago Pride t-shirt, braided beads, rainbow lei, and sweat band on my wrist! This will now be my annual Pride attire!
I have more fun pictures, I am just frustrated that either my CPU hates me and all the photo software I try to use, or all my photo software is just shit. Either way I am TRYING to upload and share as fast as the evil computer will let me!
Anyway! Onto the parade day! This is the second Pride Parade that Jen and I have gone to, Gregg's third and Rob's 13th! It's so much fun, you ALWAYS see something crazy going on, or just something very interesting... so many beautiful people there! The beautiful women... not really women, or at least on there way to being a woman. Then men are pretty damn fine too, yet they want nothing to do with us women, they are there for the men.
You always meet someone new, and it's always a day of happy gay people who always say "Happy Pride!" of coarse Jen and I realize that on the way to the "L" we are not going to make the train at LaSalle Street Station at 4:20pm , and the next train wasn't until 6:40 pm (since it's Sunday the trains are every 2 hours!) So either way, Rob and Gregg need to take the 6:40 pm train, as we arrived I realized that if we waited 2 hours for the train, and a hour and 20 minutes later it would arrive in Joliet, then another 20 minutes until we arrive back at my house. Well that makes it around 8:30 pm when we would get home. When it's only a 40 minute drive from our house. So I called Ed, and he was wonderful and drove up to the city to pick up Jen and I.
In the 40 minutes we had to kill while Ed was driving, we walked from the LaSalle Street Station to Lake Shore Drive, so it was easier for Ed to just pick us up and turn around and get back on the highway. And on our walk we just so happened to walk through the Taste of Chicago, took our picture at Buckingham Fountian.
After a long day of fun, a BIG rain storm on us, "Happy Pride" and some of the "Taste" we headed home. More pictures to come...
Monday, July 7, 2008
Chicago's 39th Annual Pride Parade!
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
1:50 PM












