Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our new life



Some days I wonder what I did with all my time before Alex and Mia were in my life.

Before I was a mom I just chilled, played Sims, and Zoo Tycoon on the computer for hours. Ed and me would play cards (Black Jack, Poker or Golf) or Crazy Taxi on Playstation.

These are things I loved to do, but now I have my own Sim and Zoo life to run and take care of. I still get in a game or two of cards with Ed, and well I am the crazy taxi in real life.

I try to soak up every play time moment with my kids, (even though times like right now I need to blog them out of my head) I try to make as many memories with my kids, knowing all too soon they will be off with there friends.

I couldn't imagine a better life, even with no money and gas prices through the roof. I am learning there are some really great parks and things to do near by, that are free or cheap and I have also noticed that I don't need to spend alot of money or any money to have a good time.

It's hard because Ed and I have usually had the money to at least drive to the city and walk around but again those gas prices. (I know I need not explain to my readers the evil effects of them) For future readers, possibly my kids or grandkids, gas prices are insanely high right now, at $4.15 to $4.25 (at least by us here in Channahon) I can only imagine what my kids will pay! Hopefully gas cars will be obsolete and we will use solar power or something greener!!

Anyway back to my subject. Kids. Family. Life as a mom. Not something I could have ever imagined to be so much fun, stressful, crazy, beautiful, surprising, and irreplaceable!! I love this, and still think back to that day in Mt. Hood, Oregon. Ed and I were spending our last day in Oregon, his cousin Tony had just gotten married. And we decided that day August 1st 2005 that we would start our family. I promptly stopped my birth control, and luckily by September I was pregnant with Mia, then again in July of 2007 we decided to try again, August I was pregnant (can we say fertile mertile?!?) with Alex.

I again think this is why turning 30 is not such a bad thing to me. Yes if I think to hard about it, I will cringe at the fact that I am no longer in my 20's and that I am seen by kids even 20 something year olds, as "old" but now with two beautiful kids, I feel as if we are moving to a different stage in our life. I want to embrace 30. With two kids, my amazing husband, our house, pets we love, I couldn't be happier and know that the life we have ahead of us as a family of four (family of eight counting the furry ones!) is nothing less then a great adventure ahead!

Thank you Mia and Alex, you are my life, and the reason I love each day. Thank you...

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker