Oh the drama! There was peace amongst family members. The service was beautiful, being that my Uncle was a Marine. The Marines were there all in full uniform, with a rifle shooting (aka scare the shit out of kids and elderly) and the flag folding and all.
I was a genius, if I do say so myself, yesterday I came up with the great idea of downloading some songs for my Uncle from iTunes and playing them on my speakers at the funeral home. (much better then the CD labeled "funeral music" playing)
Even more genius, as soon as the Marines gave my oldest cousin Mike, the flag. Ed was cued to be the D.J. and the bagpipes played from the iPod. After that we played "Strangers In The Night" by blue eyes himself. (that was my Uncle and Aunt Karen's song)
After the service, we all drove to the spot where my uncle will be, and Aunt Karen already is. Then a long drive to my mom and dad's house. Who graciously hosted the event following.
We all ate, lots of yummy fried chicken and mostacholli. Then the round table discussion began (more like long rectangular table discussion) this consisted of my four cousins and my mom. Going over the game plan of how to get my Uncles personal belongings out of his girlfriends house that lives 5 hours south. Everyone else got smart and left the room.
It went well for about 10 minutes, and I give the kids credit for being that polite with each other for that long. Then the "well I did this for dad" and "your a screw up" and some "your an asshole" and lots of "F*ck you's" (in many different forms, either a direct quote, or a go eff yourself, and some eff off's too) and don't forget my favorite "I can't handle this, I'm leaving"
Well after many loving and endearing words to each other, threats and hostility. My mom stepped in and told them all to sit down, and attempt to handle this like adults. Where you hold a conversation by talking, not screaming. That lasted for about 5 minutes, and they all needed a smoke break.
Good god. The rest of us, just went outside. Drama must like us, because it followed us outside. There was alot of "I am smarter then the others", and "everyone else is the eff up, not me" all the while my Uncles girlfriend is frightened and clutching her purse "saying this is too much for today"
After 6 hours and more drama then I can tolerate in one day. They all left, and my mom, myself and my sister all took a nap on my moms bed, while Alex slept in the crib down the hall, and Mia slept in her pack-n-play. Somewhere in that hour nap, my dad fell asleep in the gazebo.
All in all the high drama I predicted for yesterday was moved to today. I am glad it's over. Rest in Peace Uncle Jim. Love your niece and goddaughter.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
D.R.A.M.A. at the round table discussion
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
8:14 PM
Related insane topics Beatz Family, Drama












