For those of you not into the mommy lingo, CIO stands for Cry It Out. This is a very big debate between mom's.
Some mom's go to the baby or child every time it cries. Just in case. They are very serious in this matter and think that CIO mom's neglect there babies.
Some mom's are a strong believer in, I know your fine. Your in your crib, I just changed you, your fed. You are just testing me. These mom's are very serious in this matter and think that the non-CIO mom's are going to be very stressed out going to every single cry. Plus the baby has won. again.
I am a CIO mom. It is VERY hard to do. Usually it is when she is going down for a nap, sometimes she will do it when she goes to bed. But lately it has been for nap time. I most generally leave the area, go make lunch so I can't hear her. Sometimes she will CIO it out for 1/2 hour at a time. Oh and believe me, I have caved, and gone into check on her. She instantly stops crying and starts pointing at her toys. Hmph. I then tell her it is time for a nap, and I promptly leave.
This is very hard to do, since I don't want a sad Mia, or for her to think I am neglecting her. But she needs to know I will not go get her every time she cries. It is good for her. Especially when I will have a new burrito to tend to, she will have to learn to fend for herself. It's what my mom calls tough love. It's tough alright. I am glad Ed and I are the same page with this one. That's what really matters.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
CIO
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
11:36 AM












