Sigh, just when you think it's time for bed you are woken by a 16 month old with power lungs. I had a feeling what it was, and the fact that she woke up after being in bed for 2 1/2 hours, made me hope it was just a poopy diaper.
Nope. I was right on my instinct. She was hysterical, holding her mouth. When she opened it, on each side were the little caps of the tops of her molars comming in. One on each side of the bottom. Ugg. Molar suck. They are huge, and 2 at a time is insane.
Thank god, Ed was home. He had about 10 minutes before he had to leave for his night job. He came in, not knowing what to do, not like I had the baby manual right there, but you just grown and learn with your instinct.
First I changed her, clean. No more p.j.'s she seemed warm. Washrag to cool her down, ack she does NOT want that. Again thankful that I had Ed there, he had to hold her while I tried to give her Tylenol. After what seemed like forever, I finally got it in her mouth. Well that was pointless, because in less then 10 seconds (I was prepared for this with a burp cloth) it all came back up. (gag) Nothing like spit, vomit, snot, and some pink Tylenol to make you gag. The whole time she is farting, because she is coughing and crying and gaging. I was trying not to cry with her. It is so hard to watch your kid hurt.
So we let her play for a minute, and I remembered I had those hollow Q-Tip's with the teething meds in them. So another 5 minute struggle, and it so sucks to have to pin her down, again thanks that I had Ed there! We were able to get as much as we could all over her gums. I thought I would try to see if it would work on me. So I dabbed what was left on my tongue, which is still numb, 40 minutes later. I guess it works!
Ed left for work 15 minutes late, I again am thankful that he was here. If you don't know, since he works nights, I spend 98% of the night shift taking care of Mia, since she was born. Somebody's got to pay the bills. So I will call him and update him, that Mi went right to sleep when I laid her down. I will have the monitor close tonight, but with those screams, it's really not necessary.
So for my friends having a gay old time at Halloween parties, enjoy this free time. When you are the only one you have to take care of. I for one, can't wait to have two children, then I can be clinically insane.
(And yes my tongue is still numb)
Saturday, October 20, 2007
My tounge is numb
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
10:00 PM












