First let me warn you if you are offended by Religious topics, please stop reading.
If you are offended and decide to continue reading, well you were warned.
Raised Roman Catholic. Now I am none of the above, and I don't care to be.
A little history on me and my Roman Catholicism. I was very devoted, going to a Catholic school. We were required as kids to go to mass every morning before school, and then on Sunday with our family. Raised on good morals and some bible stories. Learning the rites, like Baptism, Communion, Confirmation, Marriage... going into a public High School, I was still very active at church, I was in the Church Youth Group for 5 years. We weren't bible beaters, just a good group of teens enjoying life, and learning from each others stories.
As I got older I got more and more confused about God and what his purpose in life was. I am sure you are not supposed to question God, but I am quite confused as to his objective. So here are just a few of my many questions.
1. Why did you decide that Susie deserved Dystonia? Or any one else for that matter?
2. Why didn't you give it to someone that sucks at life? A drug addict, a murderer, rapist?
3. Why on that note do you even give out disorders, or handicaps? To give life lessons?
4. Why can women and girls that don't want kids, or aren't ready have a fistful of brats, but good people that really want to have kids, can't?
5. Why did you have a bunch of men write a book, thousands of years ago, and not have a upgraded version?
6. Why does your bible read that women should do as there husbands say. That they are the leader?
7. Why does your bible hate gays?
8. Why does the ten commandments say do not swear?
9. Why are some people thinking that if your not Christian you are going to hell
10. Why are they the ones to judge me.
11. Why do I feel so much better and not bad at all, for not believing in the bible?
12. Why do I feel that most really religious people are so brainwashed by the magical book and the invisible people, it scares me?
13. Why do people think I need to baptise my children?
I have to say that I really was on the fence about religion, but when I actually started to read the bible and realize how much it demoted women and hated gays, I was appalled that I was ever a part of "religion" and "god"
I am a strong woman, and I will not bow down to anyone, man or woman. No one leads me I lead myself. As for Ed and me we are equal, we both work, and discuss family plans.
If you actually understood gays, I mean really took the time to get to know them. Understand that they are people. Just like you and me. They love just like we do.
Are you going to ask me about creation? Why two men or two women can't have kids? That creation will not go on because of gays? I call it population control. I was once told that gays are delirious people and they can get better, are you kidding me? What kind of bible bread tard would say that? What an ignorant statement. You must truly be brainwashed by that book and some "Church" taking your money, and feeding you bullshit, every Sunday, to really make a remark like that. If creation is solely on that of man and woman, they why can't all men and women have kids? Because god wants it that way? Religious and I mean bible freaks, have weird ass answers that they think make sense for the way the world works.
Swearing. Yes I have covered this before, I swear. A lot. I don't care if it offends you, I do try to be respectful in front of my non swearing friends, and especially children (they will hear it soon enough) but if I need to swear for my own reasons. I will. Deal.
Christians. I really don't get these people. I have tried to make sense of it. I know Catholics get alot of shit for the Priests and there perverted ways. But these holier than thou, Christians, that make no sense of there rambling bullshit. Seriously they scare me. The reason why I have it out for Christians, is because I have only encountered the kind that are better then every one that is not Christian.
I really feel sorry for your children, please don't raise them to hate something or someone they don't know, please teach them that hating and gossiping then going to church Sunday to wash it all away is ridiculous. If you are so dam righteous then you should love everyone and everything. Stop the "I'm better than you attitude"
Ed and me discussed "Born-agains" He really despises them. And I agree, you fucked up your life, and god knows however many others. NOW all of a sudden you go to church, and are miraculously better then everyone, and we should think you are great because you go to church. All better! Not, your just a fuck up at life, that is trying over. But please with the I am born again!! There is no do overs. This is one life, your fuck ups are still there, your just masking them with religion? Riiight.
Get off my fucking porch you Jahova Witness ass tards. I swear I will loose my mind if these dipshits don't stop being dropped off by the bus load on my street. I feel so sorry for your crappy religion that you have to go door to door for more. You seriously suck.
Other religions, sorry "spiritual" groups. I tend to be lazy and categorize religion as one of a group that believes in some sort of god. Whatever, you want to be called, I call you a religion.
Mormans (and there special under ware) Budahist and there belly man, Jews and there menorah and all the other "religions" in between. I respect you, I may not get you, but whatever. Do your thing, just leave me out of it.
God itself. I really am proud of myself for taking this mental journey. I have been on the fence about religion for years now. I have asked about other religions, I shopped around, I think one is loonier then the next. I may just find something I believe in. Someday.
I do believe in...
Angels= they are my friends and family that have passed away that look over me.
Devils = they are the bad people that walk the earth
Mother Nature = I believe that there is a greater power, that created our planet, and she is it.
I want to raise my children to be good people, to have good morals, and common sense. A good sense of humor and the knowledge to be strong, but not overbearing. to be witty, but not a smart ass. to be dumb like a fox, but not an airhead.
I want to raise good, happy, funny, life loving, optimistic people. But I don't believe a book will tell me how.
If I do Baptise Mia and my baby-to-be, it is for Ed. He too was raised Roman Catholic, and would possibly like to see the babies be blessed. Fine, we are in this together, and we shall discuss the idea further. I don't want to seem like a hypocrite for Baptising my children, but we shall make this decision as a family.
If you would like to comment, feel free. I have noticed that people don't comment on the heavy subjects. Just the lighter ones. Email me too if you want. I have discussed this with many people, over the past 3 years. And I do believe that I have come to a happy decision, of I shall have no god before me. (smirk)
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Be prepared to be offended
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
8:05 PM












