Friday, September 21, 2007

Late night party at the McHale's

This is the play by play of my melt down last night. I do believe if I was not a hormonal freak I would have been better. Thank god I could call Ed.

10:30 pm finally fall asleep
11:13 pm woken up by screaming 15 month old
11:15 pm barking dogs in kennels in basement (which travels through the vents up to the bedrooms)
11:16 pm I frantically called Ed at work, crying, because I had no clue what to do. Ed tells me it will be OK, just let the dogs out into the media room. And go play in Mi's room till she is tired again.

So I stomp down to the dog cages, let them out into the media room, they won't bark there.
I make the baby a new bottle (she is screaming this whole time) and bring it up to her.
I am very thankful that my dogs only barked for a short period of time.
Before heading into Mia's room I grabbed my comforter and 2 pillows, and dragged them into her room.

I check her diaper, not bad, changed her. Tried to give her a bottle and lay her down, oh no, she will have none of that! So I set her down in her room, shut the door, and curl up and fall asleep by the door.

Surprisingly I fell asleep, with only a few interruptions of a plastic cow or monkey being dropped on my head. Eventually she came up to me with her fleece blanket, saying "nigh nigh" this is my cue that she is now tired and wants to go to bed.

While I am getting up (I guess not fast enough to Mia's standards) she proceeds to take her blanket and lay down in her princess castle. I toss my blankets into my room. Climb in the princess castle and slide out a sleepy baby. Put her down for bed, and scoot of to bed myself.

It is now 1:15 am.

And as an update, that play date did not make Miss Mi tired so she would sleep in. We were up and chipper at 8:30 am today! And you people wonder why at 9:00pm I am so ready for bed.

But enough about sleep, I am up and feeling well this morning, I am going to take Mi down for breakfast, and then possibly clean the loft.

Have an energetic day for me!

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker