Yes my dear friends Jill and Brett have been asking when we would be free to hang out, one of us is always busy. But finally, Labor Day, we are all free. What are the odds of that?
And since they just bought themselves a Pontoon boat, and the Kankakee River is just down the road. We made a nice day of it.
Brought along some friends so all in attendance was...
Jill & Brett -Neighbors and Pontoon co-owners
Michelle - Jill's friend from work
Jeff with sons Luke and Nick, and daughter Sam - Good friends of Brett
Jacki Ed and Mia - Neighbors
So we put the boat in at the Big Basin, right under I-55, drove around and picked up the Kankakee River. Stopped by a very large sand bar (about 3 feet deep) threw the football around, Mia was adorable in her leopard swim suit, and her Barbie life jacket.
Then we drove the boat over behind some lily pads and anchored there so we could cook out brats and hot dogs on the pontoon grill. After lunch we all swam some more (yes the whitey crew were covered and re-covered in sun tan lotion)
After a long day out on the river, we headed back home, not with out stopping by the Creamery in Minooka for some ice cream. (we have a thing for ice cream) Now we are all back home, and the boat is unpacked and cleaned. Mia is passed out in her bed. And I have a hot date with Ed and a T.V. I have to say it was very nice hanging out with my family of 3 these past few days. I don't get to do it very often, I really have learned to cherish the time I get with Ed and Mia together. It doesn't seem like we have it enough.
Have a good night, hope you all had a great Labor Day!
(by the way, I spell checked this, and the suggested word for Kankakee was "pancake")
Monday, September 3, 2007
Neighbors gots themselves a boat
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
5:07 PM












