Each morning I have been trying to perfect some sort of routine. (and yes I know being a mom of 6 kids, four with fur will make a routine to say near impossible) A routine where I can start a day of insanity off right, and keep going with some sort of good intentions.
This morning started good. I woke before the kids (7:00 am)(not really, I guess I woke before the kids were screaming at me) I go pee, wash my face, pull up my hair, put on lotion and bronzer so I look human, some eyeliner and mascara (my normal daily face paint) brush my teeth, and take my pill (hoping that you do your job little pill!) hop on the scale (138... yes I know I am still trying!!) look in the mirror and sigh at myself, knowing we are off to the races!
Change Mia, bring her down and the toy of choice today, for breakfast. Alex sometimes joins us, sometimes he sleeps in. (thank you!) Mia then retreats to the front room for "toys!" and her sippy with milk. And a good round of Sesame Street, Barney and Mickey's Clubhouse. Oh during Mia's breakfast, I am usually given the side eye by the two starving boxers (like they didn't just eat last night) and I try to feed myself food, usually just coffee is the start. If Alex is up screaming for breakfast too. He lays in his bouncy on the table (yes I know I am such a safe mom!) So I can feed him with one had and myself with the other? Unless Mia reverts to being babylike and needs me to feed her... then my coffee sadly sits there, waiting for my third arm to grow...
While Mia is in her play zone, I finish up with Alex, unload the dishwasher, reload with breakfast dishes, possibly have to play ball with Sophie (yes have to, she will obnoxiously bark until I do. But I just leave the back door open and I trained her to bring the ball to me in the kitchen and I throw it out the door from there! (Yes Multi-tasking mommy award please!)
Sweep the floors (redundant and kinda pointless with all the mess...) then upstairs to put away laundry and pick up random mess. Bring laundry down two flights of stairs to the basement, across through the media room, through my art room (mess) to the washer and dryer. Start laundry, start timer so I don't forget laundry...
Feed Mia lunch she plays upstairs, the off to nap (or a screaming I don't wanna fit, oh those are always fun. (heavy sarcasm there) I then attempt for some blog time in the morning, while feeding Alex, one handed commenting is becoming the norm around here... well I would love to keep blogging, but I need to put Alex in his carrier and put him on, and turn on Elmo Palooza the movie for Mia so everyone is happy while we all fold clothes. (or I fold clothes while entertaining kids) to be cont...
Friday, June 27, 2008
A day with me...
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
9:53 AM












