Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday


In about 4 hours it will be two years that I gave birth to the most amazing little baby girl. In those two years I have learned so much and remembered so much. Not only have I become someones mommy, I have become a better person because of you.
You have taught me to laugh more, because there is silly things everywhere.
You have taught me to ask more questions, even as an adult we wonder, just ask. You never know what you may learn today.
You have taught me to stop surfing the web, or talking on the phone. And just stop. Stop and play. And remember that you are growing SO fast, to take in those moments when you grab my hand and ask me to play with you. To sit just a few more minutes longer in your play house, and show you how to drive the car through the castle door. Again.
You have taught me that I can multi-task breakfast like nobodies business! From filling a sippy with miwk, while making waffas with syrup, but on your monkey plate, with Mia, Mia, Mia's fork. Must not forget the Sesame Street placemat, and of course your bib. I have to referee the dogs feed them, feed Alex, but I do it all as fast as I can, just so I can sit drink my coffee and enjoy watching you do what you do. Mia style.
I have remembered fun things.
Like how much I LOVED Sesame Street, and all the Disney characters.
Like how much I loved sleeping with all my favorite stuffed animals.
Like how I am a pretty girl, but I have no problem getting dirty.
Like stopping. Stopping to play, sleep and just enjoy the day, with who I am with.
You teach me to remember my childhood, and how much I loved it. I never wanted to grow up, I still don't and thanks to you I can redo being a kid.
I hope you enjoy your Gigi and Papa. They love to take you outside to play, from your swing, to walks in your wagon. They love to spend time with you. Gigi loves to show you her garden, take you on the big swing, or go down to the water out front to look for frogs. Or go with mommy, Mi Mi and aunt Susie on a shopping trip. Papa enjoys taking you for a ride around the house on your little wagon with the dishrag handle, then go outside in your green wagon for a ride to your swing in the front tree. And now that Papa has the new bike carrier on, you can enjoy the summer on bike rides. You will always be there mealy bug.
Enjoy your Aunt Susie. She loves you. Look in her eyes when she sees you, you can see them just light up when your in a room. Aunt Susie trys to play and help you. I just want you to learn from her. Learn that even though she can't tell you with her voice she loves you. She tells you in so many other ways. Always love her, I do.
I hope you enjoy your Gramma and Grampa. They love to take you shopping, and watch you play with all your fun toys. Your big red car, with your purse filled with bucks. Mickey Minnie and Oh Toodles! Gramma loves to hold you and sing to you, tell you how pretty you are, and just watch you play. and Grampa loves tummy kisses while singing about the moon. He loves to sing about Miapotamus's. They try to teach you all they can.
Enjoy Aunt Jen, she is just like a sister to me, and loves you so much. She enjoys watching you grow. I am so happy she can be a part of your life from the beginning.
Enjoy everyone in your family. There are so many people that love you Mi, you have no idea. You brighten so many lives, even strangers that walk by.
Enjoy your Daddy. Even though he might not see you for days, between jobs and sleep, it seems like you two always miss each other, but there is nothing in this world that your daddy wouldn't do for you. He works so much so mommy can stay home and take good care of you. He is the best daddy, and loves us all so much.
Enjoy me. Your Mommy. There is so much that I want to tell you in this blog. But where do I start? The beginning? Thanks for being you, silly, happy, funny, Thanks for being my baby girl. Just a little me, your sassy self, your talking oh so much, your attitude. Sigh it's all me, but it's not a bad thing at all. Just a lot to handle some times. But what better then to have a sweet girl with a mountain of energy to go around!
Mia Nicole McHale. Happy Golden 2nd Birthday. You are the most amazing, sweet, funny angel baby ever. Mommy can't figure out how to tell you she loves you more then saying it over and over and over and over and over and over... I love you. To the moon and back, quite a few times. Mia Bella, my beautiful.
As I walked into your room today, you came running to the door like you do every morning. Big smile. I thought I would try and enjoy you, even more then I do everyday. After the morning crazy breakfast, we played on the deck with Maggie and Sophie. Then we got in your big red wagon and watered the garden, picked some chive flowers. You came inside, watched Mickey's Club house then took a nap. When you woke, I took you for a walk, just you and me. To the park, we packed snacks, sippy and off we went. You went down the big twisty slide with me, you love to swing, and you even walked on the big Crocodile. We came home and had noodles with daddy and Alex. I went to order your ice cream cake for tomorrow, crying at the bewildered teen as I told her to put "Happy 2nd Birthday Mia" on the cake. Came home and taught you how to stick out your tongue to lick ice cream for the first time.
Daddy and me sang Happy Birthday to you, and I took you up to bed. Trying not to sob over you as I sang Twinkle Twinkle little star to you, like I do everynight.
As I watch you today. I am having a harder time with you turning 2 then me turning 30 this year. I guess it's the fact that my baby is now an official toddler. I was trying to fight the reality that you were turning 2. But after a great day today, I realized that I need to enjoy the fact that I have a big girl now. And to embrace the future of watching you become a little person of your own.
I could babble on and on for hours on every detail of how much I love you, and why. But just know that I do. No matter what, there is no girl in my life as beautiful and perfect as you.
Thank you Mia. You are my sunshine, my skida ma rinky dink, all while doing the Hotdog dance, and singing "Sunny Days" Mommy loves you princess.
(to my readers, I may blog obsessivly over the next day or so. I just can't seem to find the words, or all the words, put together just right... until I do, bear with me and all my Mia blogs)

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker