I have been fighting with myself and Mia over nap time. It used to be around 11am but now it's moved all the way to 2pm! But she makes the sleepy ticking noise she does around noonish or one.
I would put her in her room, and lay her down, only to have her banging on the door and yelling 10 minutes later. I would get stressed and cry myself sometimes. I felt bad like I was banishing her to her room, but my friend Connie made a good point that we mom's need a break, even if it is an hour!
Why it took me weeks to figure it out, I will blame the 6 week old, my anger twards pads and 6 weeks of wearing them. Either way today I had a smart moment.
I needed to fold 4 baskets of clothes, which I do in my bedroom... so around 1pm I went in and started to fold. As I thought in followed little Miss Mia and her tired tickey noise. I set her up on my big bed, Mia says "Mommies bed?" hmmmm... maybe she could chill on my bed, watch a movie... I could fold clothes.... she could nap in her bed when she was really tired!
Genius! I had "Monsters Inc." DVD nearby, so I popped it in the DVD player, she really still doesn't have the attention span for a whole movie. But surprisingly she watched a lot of it. We made it to the part where Sully and Mike get sent through the door to live with the abdominal snow man. Then off to bed.
Proudly she went down, and is sleeping now. Phew... hope this works everyday... minus the 4 baskets of clothes...
Other genius idea with Mia...
*While Mia is in the tub, and needing supervision. Bring coupons to cut, read magazines, or clean the bathroom.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Movie at Mommies
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
2:26 PM












