Wednesday, June 4, 2008

InSaNiTy At ItS bEsT

Today was an amazing example of what InSaNiTy truly is. If this all would have happened 2 weeks ago, when my postpartum was in full swing, I would have been outside under the play fort eating grass with my dogs. I am not exaggerating, this is what happened.

4:49 am Alex wakes up for food, and some mommy love.
9:40 am Alex wakes again screaming in his little screechy man voice (at 6 weeks old, it is so sad to hear)
9:40 am Mia also decides it is time to leave her room, I know this by the kicking and pounding on the bedroom door.
9:40 am Maggie and Sophie now start the barking. Outside, below my open bedroom window.

Oh my where do I start, first off with a splash of water to my face, a quick pee, then the stare in the mirror deciding who needs me first, or who can be resolved the fastest...

Maggie and Sophie win, they are let outside, no now they want in, fuck it, just leave the back door open. Dump food in there bowls refill water. Back up the stairs.

Alex is next, make bottle, go change him, sit to feed him... phone rings. I get up with Alex to see the caller i.d. Ed's part time day job at the video store calling. Whatever, Ed is sleeping from working the night before, they can leave a message.

I go back to Alex's room after 1/2 a bottle. Time to lay him down, hoping he can chill under his mobile for a minute while I go get Mia from her room.

Mia, open door to red eyed, sneezy 2 year old, phone rings again. It's my girlfriend, Michele. Must answer, she is probably in the process of booking hotel rooms for our August Stampin' Up! conventional.

Phone conversation is mostly my dogs barking. Again, Alex has noticed I ditched him so he back to his little man screeching, and now Mia also noticed I left her, begins screaming. In between the madness I tell Michele what ever she decides is fine with me on the hotel rooms. I will call her later.

I walk to Mia's room to change her, and bring her down for breakfast, or by now it would be considered brunch. I shit you not I don't even get to the door, the phone rings, Video store, again. Again not answering, I will relay the news that the video store is stalking him.

I get Mia seated in her booster chair, Alex is on his boppy on the table, dogs are in and out, Ed is coming up from the basement (media room there) he calls the Video store. Bitch gives him attitude because the schedule changed, and he was set to open this morning. Well when you change a part timers schedule you should CALL them before there new shift. Ed calls his boss back (second Video Store caller) and says he is sorry for the mix up. All is good, Ed just has to work Friday and Saturday (9:30 am till 4 pm)

Not 10 minutes later the damn phone rings again. Ed's boss. Not the one he just talked to, but his night job boss. The full time job, the bread winner job. This is a boss that NEVER calls at home. This could not be good. Not to mention he really doesn't care for Ed, this boss is an asshat (that is putting it nicely, this is the same asshat that took Ed off his Weekends and Day shift, to give him Sunday Mondays off, and Grave yard shift, that was because he was punishing a Grave yard guy, bosses friend, so he could watch him better. Riiigght. Asshat) Anyway, Asshat says that Ed and another supervisor are being interviewed for a court case because of an ex employee. He has to be at work on Friday at 11 am or go to court.

Now Ed has to call back the part time video store boss, and re-do the schedule to cover Friday or go to court. Gah!!!

Oh it gets better...

After all the scheduling, I realize Mia is not feeling any better, so I take a shower with her, to cool her off, she felt warm. She was sneezing like a crazy girl, mucus showers all around for everyone within 5 feet.

Either way after all Ed's retarded work issues, we now have a sneezy girl, who has no allergies, that we know of, she is out of it, and I mean like groggy and whiny. Ed goes off to bed to attempt sleep again. I get Mia down for what I think is a nap.

Thank god my mom stopped by, I practically throw the baby at her, feed myself (it's now 1:30 and coffee was the only thing I had eaten so far) I make a sandwich fast enough to inhale it, and Mia is back up again.

She looks worse then before, I take her temp 99.5, I set up the couch for sick camp, with pillow, blankie, sheets, her rain forest mobile thingy, roll call included Bert and Ernie, Tigger, Pooh and Piglet. A insane amount of Mickey's Clubhouse (thank god for On Demand!)

My mom finally leaves, with me hanging from her ankle as she drags me down the front walk (or not, but I really didn't want to do this by myself, this is Mia's first official sick day, not to bad for 2 years!) Mia fades in and out of sleep. I call the Dr.'s office. Give her Tylenol, and they call me back in an hour, temp is now 101.5. Bah, must bring her in.

Bring her in to Quick Care, with a small stack of magazines and toys thinking we will be there all night, oddly there is NO one there, we are in and out in an hour.

Verdict is... Viral infection, and not one but two infected ears. WTF. So I drive to the pharmacy drive through, get her Ammox. and head home. Park her on the couch, she downs a can of chicken noodle soup (yeah that was good she ate!) giving her the Ammox. sucked she did NOT like it at all! But she soon passed out on the couch, lack of sleep and being sick. Hoping she is out for the night.

I then made me and Ed each a AirBourne cocktail to hopefully save us the wrath of the evil viral infection. Ed left for work that leaves me with a sick little girl, and a little man, just to add insult to injury I hit my shin and I got diarrhea. I just chalked it up with the rest of this insane day.

Oh and the car is in the shop, we were expecting the phone call telling us it's going to cost out the ass. But I guess they are saving that call for tomorrow.

So to say the least it was insane around here ALL day. I am not tired, but should go to sleep just in case of a midnight kid needing me...

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker