Friday, August 22, 2008

Art Studio

Established August 20th 2008.

She is done. The most amazing art room ever and it's all mine.

3 walls painted post-it note yellow (Crayola Canary to be exact) jet black peel and stick tiles for the floor. Cabinets and counter tops all around.

Ever so beautiful IKEA kitchen towel bars, hanging buckets, mini shelf system, pencil cups all for tools. Cabinets, and shelves all mounted on the walls.

This is artist's dream room. I have it all right there. I can paint, draw, paper mache, stamp scrapbook, you name it I can do it in my room. I cried Wednesday night. This is a room I have wanted since I was a kid, and especially since I have had my own home.

Thanks to the every so amazing Jack of all trades father of mine (Jack, hee hee. Get it? Jack of all tra... yeah ok you got it...) I had the room built. He drywalled, painted, and helped me design my room.

I was SO proud to host my first Stampin' Up! Open House down there and not have to haul ALL my stuff upstairs! Oh my GOD it was so much more relaxing!

And there is space for 2 at my counter. Very nice because it is usually myself and Jen, or myself and my mom. BUT I have a big enough table (on the way) to host 6 MORE people! So crop nights at Jacki's Creative Maniac Station is such a possibility! And with all my punches, and stamps, I also have my Cricut machine, and Big Shot (die cutting machines, one electric and one manual) and my very unused sewing machine (I swear I will sew on it mom!)

Oh you want to see it? Yes, yes I know. I will take some pictures and you will see them soon. I owe you guys newer pictures anyway.

Shout outs...
Thanks again to my dad, I love my 30th Birthday present. You always find time to build whatever I want. And I don't even have the words to thank you for this room.

Thanks to my mom for being the one to ALWAYS make the time to do arts and crafts with me. No matter what. You made the time for us. I will pass that on to my kids.

Thanks to Susie for putting up with my love for art, you have your crafts you do, and always have a seat at my table.

Thanks to Jen for joining Stampin' Up! with me and making the last 3 years SO much fun, and making the skill of procrastinating an art in it's own!

And to Michele, my Stampin' Up! Upline, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have have the crap I do in my space, and I thank you for that. I love every stamp and ink pad you have introduced me to, plus your friendship has made all my Stampin' Up! adventures great.

As weird as this may be to you readers. I thank myself. For always being true to what I love, and never being embarrassed of being into crafts and art. And even though I might not have had the time I still find an ability to make the time, to do what I love and to share it with everyone I can. I am a craft dork and I LOVE IT!

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker