Monday, August 4, 2008

WTF kinda day.

My back is killing me, Alex STILL won't stop crying, so I am going to make this as amusing yet short for my sanity. This is a summery of my day today. One of the most random and effed up days yet...

  • 9:00 am Village Inspector Man shows up to check pool electric. FAILED! A whole bunch of yada yada and blah blah blah came out of his mouth. I didn't understand electrician talk, so I called my daddy.
  • 9:15 am Dad shows up, talks electrician talk with Village Inspector Man. Totally gets it. Calls Mr. Jim (family member who did electric with dad) Village Inspector Man leaves.
  • Dad and I go to the basement and start doing work in my Art Studio. Ed is awake. Ed leaves and brings home McD's breakfast. We eat. Ahh, calm before the storm.
  • Mr. Jim shows up with more electric stuff, Dad and Mr. Jim go to work.
  • I get Ed ready to go to work at Wrigley Field for the night game (yes living in BFE you must leave 1/2 a day early to work the games)
  • Right before Ed leaves, Mia tells us her ear hurts. She seems warm.
  • I call my mom to help me. She isn't feeling well, but needs to go by the Quick Care anyway, so let's make it a family trip to the Dr.'s office.
  • Ed leaves. Dad and Mr. Jim finish up there electric work. Mr. Jim leaves.
  • Mom arrives, we pack up the kids. Dad stays and finishes work in the art studio
  • Dr. visit for Mia. Well good news is no ear aches, no temp, nothing. Oh except I have an appointment at the end of the month with a Cardiologist to check her heart murmur. (Don't freak, I have one, my dad has one and so does my dog Maggie) I guess Dr. B says don't worry just check it out.
  • Mom comes out from her visit with the Doctor. Sigh, not good. Possible Kidney Stones, now she must go be admitted to the Hospital. Drop her off at the Hospital. Bring home kids.
  • Put Mi and Alex down for a nap, Jen comes over. Nice to talk and just take my mind off of the heart murmur and my mom in the hospital.
  • Mom and Dad show up an hour later, yes she had a kidney stone, she passed it. Possibly another, oh and she has a cyst on her liver? But possibly there since birth?!?
  • Mom and Dad leave.
  • Jen feeds Weaky a bottle, Mia is napping, I can actually play in my art studio and set up some stuff.
  • Jen leaves.
  • I am watching T.V. with Mi and Alex, I hear the dogs bark outside. Go to let them in. Looks like the end of the world! (or just a bad storm coming in)
  • Tornado warnings, so I drag Mi and Alex and both dogs (sorry cats!) down to the basement for 2 hours while it sounded like the house was being blown off above us.
  • Yes the rain came in SO hard, it went sideways into the sliding glass door, and all over my kitchen floor, so it leaked down to the basement!
  • Ed called from Wrigley, the sirens are going off, a tornado touched down 6 blocks away!
  • (ok don't freak out. Ed is far away in a tornado. And you are stuck in the basement with the kids and the dogs...)
  • Finally I was able to bring every one back up stairs. Put Mi to bed 3 hours later then normal ( oh but she will still be up at 7 am I can bet your sweet ass on that one) and Weaky finally fell asleep.
  • Ed is on his way home, and I am off to bed. What a bizarre day. Gnight!

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker