I am home. Pooped. I had a great weekend. I went to a Stamping Seminar in Holland, Michigan, we try to go every year. A demonstrator that has been in the business for 15 years runs this, 12 years now. About 200 of us go. She usually has a very successful demonstrator talk about business, other demo's show techniques and what tips they have on some of our new product, it's usually 8am -9am for Swapping and registration. Then from 9am till 5pm is the seminar with an hour lunch.
So yesterday started our adventure, "our" as in myself and Michele. Sad that Jen couldn't make it this year. Other priorities in life, gatta do what you gatta do! We went to Ikea first, and had a ball picking out some fun organizing tools for our stamp rooms. Then we had a great lunch at Gordon Bierch in Bolingbrook. Then off to Michigan.
We stayed at the Residents Inn Marriott. It was a great deal on a 2 bed, 2 bath w/ kitchen, dining room and living room... $120 a night!! It was SO nice, I almost refuse to stay anywhere not as kick ass next time!! Loved my own room, my own bathroom, we stamped at the kitchen table all night (1:30 am to be exact) then up at 6 am to get ready for breakfast.
Very inspirational stuff, I took great notes, tons of pictures I HAVE TO PRINT AND ORGANIZE!!! I love these seminars, they really give me a boost to work harder at my business.
I am exhausted, we have been going all day. (Michigan is 1 hour AHEAD of us, so we lost an hour after getting there. BUT gained an hour to sleep tonight!) After the seminar we went to Michigan City, Indiana to eat at a Damon's Ribs (thanks to the lovely GPS I have!) then back to Illinois, to see my Ed, and spend about 45 minutes with him, nice we chatted about Alex, and our family. LOVE to do that with Ed.
I have more to blog on, about scrapbooking, I think you bloggers will enjoy what the demo's said. More to come on that, I need to go pass out, I am zonked. Nighty night!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Holland Michigan
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
10:13 PM












