Ever since I was a spry young casino worker, I was sloppy and jacked up my back. I was seeing a Chiropractor, thank god for Dr. Santolin, who was able to fix me. I found out later that my hips are out if line, that is why my back hurts. Because it is compensating for what my hips don't.
I know not everyone is on the same page with the Dr./Chiropractor controversy. But I was prescribed Alieve by my first Dr. for my back (jeez thanks) and the second just gave me anti-inflammatory. I am not a big drug person. But I am also not a pain person. When I was treated by my Chiropractor, with once a week visits for 4 weeks and if I did stretches on my own. My hips and back are ok. Way better for me then just popping pills. But some people just take the easy way out. The meds would only mask my back and hip issue. Not fix them. I have to say my Chiropractor would also tell me if he couldn't fix it, he would send me to a Dr. to get it fixed. Too bad Dr.'s aren't on that same page.
So my big fear both times is my back going out while pregnant. I was fine with Mia, a lot of the time I was sore, but that is expected anyway. I just went after she was born and got myself adjusted back to where I should be.
So at my ultrasound yesterday, the printer jammed about 1/4 of the way through, I am stuck FLAT on my back while 2 nurses tinkered with the printer. I didn't mind at first but after 10 minutes I realized that I was not going to have an easy time getting up. Nurses finished. The tech continued the ultrasound. Well after a hour of being FLAT on my back. I was fine until we hit the parking lot. I opened the door to the explorer and just the right move and I hit a nerve.
This is the kind of pain, where if you breathe wrong, tears just run down your face. I was stuck. Literally stuck. I was stuck with my left foot on the ground, and my right up to take the next step. I couldn't even flex my foot without a shooting pain running all the way up my back.
I don't think many people know I deal with this from time to time. Ed does NOT believe in Chiropractors at all. So he just thinks pills will fix it, and sadly our insurance will cover some of the visits. But they are still $60 a pop. That is a bit much for me. I go when I am unable to walk for a few days.
So after about 5-7 minutes of freezing my ass off and crying from the pain. I was able to realize that if I s.l.o.w.l.y. moved my leg back, behind me, I could ease the pain. After this I was able to get into the truck and we went home.
By the time we made it out to Channahon, I was better and able to get in and out of the truck just fine. I think I just hit a nerve, just right, then I can work it out, and move on. HOPING that I never hit that nerve while in labor, I would just die.
Which brings me to the pain scale. And it's kinda weird to even have a scale, everyone is different on there level of what they can take. Here's mine...
- Headache / Braxton Hicks
- Lower back ache
- Paper cut
- Hit your nose pain /
- Needle for blood being taken
- Needle for shot
- Migraine / cramps
- Contractions
- Birth of my child / Back pain on nerve
- Stitches after my child and there is NO pain meds
So see, I really can deal with a lot, I have never broken a bone or had a major surgery (knock on wood) so my pain to your pain is so different.
And today I was ok, I just feel like the weight I gained with Mia was more around me, and Alex's weight is all in the front of me. Which is just wrecking havoc on my back. Again I just want my body back. No I don't want more kids, I want to get back to me, so I can enjoy the kids I have.
So when you see someone shuffling along. Don't laugh, your dear friend here has done it. Across the Harah's Casino floor, while working. A 2 minute walk from one side to the next took me 18 minutes. No joke. And unless you have been to the point of straight tears and absolutely NO movement for minutes on end. You have no idea.
This ain't your time of the month my back is sore, or I was on my feet all day sore. This is right up there with my kid's birth. Ouch.












