One of the things they tell you to bring to the hospital, is music that will get you through the labor. Most people bring clasical music to sooth them. I needed something better, let's say, a little more inspiring.
Most of these were because of the title, all of them were strong songs to me, that did help me. It even helped Ed, with "Only God Knows Why" by Kid Rock, Dr. Lim and Nurse Heather about died laughing at "She Hates Me" and "Bleed it Out" oh and thanks to Dominique "Push It"
I have to say that "Whatever" was a good one, "Got Some Teeth" was just funny, and the great news is I only pushed through half of these songs. The rest we laughed and listened while Dr. Lim yanked the placenta out like he was starting a lawn mower, then sewed me up. (didn't feel a thing, that was a good epidural!)
I have to say some of these songs will never be the same to me now...
No Sleep Till Brooklyn 4:07 Beastie Boys
She Hates Me 3:37 Puddle Of Mudd
Whatever 3:26 Godsmack Godsmack
Push It 4:14 Salt-N-Pepa
'Cuz I Can 3:43 Pink
Sell Out 3:48 Reel Big Fish
Work It 4:59 Missy Elliott
Patience 5:58 Guns n' Roses
Until the Day I Die 3:56
Bleed It Out 2:44 Linkin Park
Stronger 5:12 Kanye West
Got Some Teeth 3:47 Obie Trice
Amen 4:41 Kid Rock
Only God Knows Why 5:28 Kid Rock
Somewhere Over the Rainbow 3:32 Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Drops of Jupiter 4:20 Train
Untitled 3:58 Simple Plan
Chop Me Up 5:04 Justin Timberlake Feat. Timbaland & Three-6 Mafia
Smells Like Funk 5:05 Black Eyed Peas Elephunk
Friday, May 16, 2008
Alex's Labor Play list
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
10:28 AM












