Thursday, May 8, 2008

D.o.n.a.l.d D.u.c.k.


I just have to let it go. I hate Mickey Mouse. I always have.
I guess growing up feeling like an under dog, I have always hated the most popular character in any show. Maybe it stems from being short or just always rooting for someone who has to try harder to be in the spotlight. Obviously I have gotten over the spotlight issue. I tend to throw myself into it whenever I can.
Anyway back to my hate for Mickey Mouse. I love Donald Duck. I hate Bugs Bunny. I love Daffy Duck (and no it's not a thing for ducks either) I guess I really just have some bizarre dislike for the most popular mouse in the world.
So Mia watched Sesame Street, where all the characters were on a pretty even scale as to popularity. Yes I know Elmo has his own World, But she loves Bert and Ernie and Cookie just as much.
Then my IL's started her watching On Demand and found "House of Mouse" through the Disney Channel. Sigh, now she loves Mickey and the show is very interactive for her. I just have to get over the Mickey thing, I did also find "Tigger and Pooh" (pronounced as one word "Tiggapooh) on the On Demand too. Which gives Mia a variety of shows.
At least it's not Barney or Dora. (I have strict rules on Barney. Absolutely none.) Dora is great, Mia has a ginormous Dora pop up tent house in her room, but since I am not Spanish, no one in our families speak Spanish, and so the point of Mia speaking Spanish at 2, is pointless to me. I guess right now we can focus on English? We are also teaching her sign language so she can communicate better with her Aunt Susie.
So as much as I hate the Mouse, I will suck it up, and turn on whatever my dear Miss Mia wants. Damn that mouse...

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker