Ed and I are talking about getting the kids Baptised. Now I know the big fat hypocrite I am, against God and all religions, or non religions. I have come to terms with things. Talked with Ed, since we were both raised Catholic. And we thought Baptising the kids now that they are both here. Would be good for the family. We don't want to go to mass every week, or ever.
We really just want to do this for the kids. And I am ok with this, since Catholic is what we were both raised. So I said call around and see what hoops we have to jump through for this.
St. Ann's in Channahon = Yadda Yadda, a bunch of crap, yes raised Catholic, both of us baptised, Communion, Confirmation, Married at a Catholic Church. God parents we've chosen... Jewish...hello? The asshole hung up on Ed. So he calls back (so glad I didn't take these calls)
"I'm sorry, did you just hang up on me because the Godparents we chose are Jewish?"
"Well you can't have them both be Jewish, someone has to be Catholic."
"Well I guess we will call another Parish then"
"Good luck, no Catholic or Christian church will Baptize with Jewish Godparents"
St. Mary's Minooka = Ed got right to the point, and asked if the Jewish Godparents would be an issue. Again they both can't be Jewish. BUT they have an associate that is WILLING, to be a Godparent with the two Jewish Godparents. That is Mitzie.
"Are you kidding?"
"Sir, Mitzie is willing to be your child's Godparents. that is pretty nice of her."
"We've never met Mitzie, why would we want her listed?"
"You have to have a Catholic or Christian listed as a Godparent. What about there Grandparents"
"I will discuss this with my wife and call you back"
St. Jude's in Joliet = I warned Ed all of Joliet would be the same.... shocker, see St. Ann's for phone call results.
So our decision is to Baptize Mia with Tammy and Todd, Jewish Godparents, and add my mom as the "Catholic" Godparent. And Baptise Alex with Nikki and Loren, not Catholic or Christian either (Lutheran or something) Diane, Ed's mom as the "Catholic" Godparent. We still need to discuss this more before we are for sure. But I think it will go that way. Not much other choices, right?
This is a joke. And you wonder why I am so over the religion thing. As long as my kids are raised with good morals and common sense, we are happy.
I agree with Ed, I don't want to Baptize any other Religion, that is not the point. They asked if we had any family that was Catholic. Yes because my alcoholic and drug induced cousins would be a perfect choice for Godparents. Our Jewish friends are amazing parents and are raising Mason the way we would want our kids raised.
It's funny the church tries to teach you to not be against anyone, but then we discriminate against what they believe? That's just not in us. Were better then that.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Are you kidding? Mitzie?!?
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
11:22 AM












