That is a site that I went onto last year when I was looking to loose weight. After we got pregnant, I totally stopped going on there. But now I am back on, I am excited about the food planner they have, I haven't even checked out the fitness area yet.
Easy to poke around in, and I can customize it how I want too. Right now I am at 143 lbs, and I would like to see myself at my idea weight for my height at 107 lbs. I am giving myself until April 25th 2009, Alex's 1st birthday.
I want to do check in's and have mini goals, so July 17th is our first check in date. That is when we go on my birthday weekend Ed and I would both like to loose at least 10 lbs.
Normally when we try to eat good, we just eat chicken and veggies, dairy and some fruits and salad. I have a hard time with that. I need A LOT of variety in my foods. So this Sparkpeople.com has meal choices that I can pick, and there are actually carbs on there (I know it's not good to totally cut them out) I guess the first few days were really hard, but going from the McDonald's drive through, a whole box of mac and cheese and crap all day, really makes it hard to go good so fast.
There is one box of mac and cheese and a small quart of chocolate ice cream in the freezer. I told Ed I was going to find our fattest pictures and tape them to each, so we remember why we are doing this. For ourselves.
I will try to keep you posted as I go along. Maybe if I have to check in with my blog I will do better, seeing that I don't want to fail and then blog about it.
The other think I like about sparkpeople.com is that it's free. We can't afford any weight loss meals, and weigh-in's are near impossible with our schedule. Plus with kids I would like to instill in them good eating habits too. And I won't have to buy special food for me and Ed, and the regular food for Mia and baby food for Alex. A little easier on the budget.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Sparkpeople.com
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
10:39 AM












