Thursday, April 17, 2008

Stay. Nooo, stay.

Sadly that is not to my dogs. As of recent days that is what I tell my daughter. 22 months and in her big girl bed. I must say I truly miss the days of the cage, I mean crib. Here is a normal play by play for sleep.

As a side note she has these signs when she is tired. Clumsy, cranky at everything. Makes this sucky noise, and or asks for blankie.

This really gets to me, I wish I wouldn't let it. But at 38 weeks my patients with anything is gone. I am a spaz ass, and I often give myself time outs. Not that I freak on her... ok here is the way it goes it will make better sense...

  1. Mia's tired, we change her butt, put her p.j.s on. All in a dimly lit room, for sleepy mood lighting
  2. Lay her down, no fight with her, she is now strongly making the sucky noise, has blankie.
  3. I even have her crib Ocean thingy next to her in bed. It sooths her (or so I thought)
  4. She looks spaced out and ready to crash.
  5. I turn on the Ocean thingy, the white noise machine. And leave. Shutting the door behind me.
  6. Not but a few minutes later, I hear her scratching at the door. Or playing with that springy thing behind the door. Grr... I try to give her a few minutes.
  7. After a 1/2 hour of hearing little noises in her room, I finally go in. She runs to her bed, dives in, making the sucky noise again.
  8. I tell her gently she needs to stay in her big girl bed. Tuck her in, Ocean on again. Leave. Again
  9. This is now the 4th time tonight, Ed is trying to nap between jobs, and the pounding on the door woke him.

So my question to you mom's is this a stage of getting used to her new found freedom? Why did she take it perfectly the first 3 days and now this? Is it wrong to strap her to the bed? Duct tape? (just kidding on the last two)

I am curious, maybe some pointers? Thank you!!

Signed,

Impatient pregnant mom of a toddler.

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker