Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Suprise!

I so don't think I blogged about this.

Saturday the 5th of April I was invited to a new "Cooking Party" at my friend, Piper's house. My mom too was invited. She was excited, and said she would buy me stuff that I wanted since the budget is tight.

Long story short, Mia and I were going to arrive at 12:15 ish, party was at 12:30. I left my house around 11, needing to stop for an oil change first (a local who has his shop off the frontage road) my cell phone was in the car Ed was using, so I thought whatever, I will just go without (genius move for an 8 1/2 month pregnant lady with a toddler) On the way to the shop, a red light goes on. I don't think it's good.

I get there, oil change in 8 minutes. I am ready to go. I drive a block, red light comes bcak on. I go back to the shop, show Joe, shop owner, the light. He looks under the hood. Car is now over heating. He says I will need a ride somewhere.

I call my mom's cell (who is probably at Piper's by now) no answer. Called Ed's cell, (he know's Piper's phone # by heart) no answer, called my dad's cell (he is in my backyard assembling the play set and the phone was in the truck) Tried to find Piper's number in the phone book and 411 but the are unlisted. Tried Jen at work to see if she could pull up my Stampin' Up! account to find Piper's number. Again no answer. Everyone is dead meat by now, because THANK GOD I WASN'T IN LABOR!!

So Mia patiently sat in the car waiting for mommy to call everyone 20 times. But she just kept saying Gramma, I said no Mi. Gramma lives 45 minutes away. I am not going to call her until I have to. Well I had too.

So I call my MIL, Diane, she just so happened to be in Plainfield visiting friends. So she came and got me, and drove me to Piper's house. Surprise to me, I was late for my own surprise baby shower!!

Piper had thrown a little party for my Creative Maniac's (Stampin' Up! customers) they all canceled. I had a blast anyway, it was Piper, my mom, Susie, Jen and my MIL Diane was in on it too.

When I called her to get me. She was at Piper's and they were unloading her van! Jen saw that I called her cell, but since she didn't know the number (calling from the shop phone) she didn't pick up. Until my mom, too noticed the same number kept calling everyone's phones they put it together it was me. DUH!

So I had a very nice shower, Piper and my mom made me, beer can chicken and mashed potatoes. The cake was AWESOME! And I got some really cute clothes and some needed things for Alex.

Thanks for the suprise, they totally had me!

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker