These are words I heard from one person to me. About if I eat one more cookie I will get fatter then I already am. In this persons defense I was told they meant it because I was pregnant.
As I have spoken before about my unbalanced hormones, and my sensitive self. You readers need not be surprised at the fact that I was very hurt. No matter the person. That is not important.
No I didn't flip out, thank god I was leaving soon. So I just went in the other room and collected myself.
On this note, I have to say that hurt. Just those two words alone. Are two of the meanest things that can be said. Outside of being pregnant, I have been mostly skinny my whole life, or average. At one point right after getting married I put on about 30 lbs. We were comfortable, and happy and eating alot.
We realized that, and decided to eat healthier and walk more. This got me down to an average size, not skinny but good enough. Only around being pregnant have I ever gained alot of weight, and taking it off, is work. And I plan on working it off again. It may not happen over night. My husband does not care how much I weigh.
I guess my point is, I know what I look like in the mirror, I have been on the scale. It's great though when people remind you that your fat. Like you forgot or something.
I was made fun of for how I looked at a very young age. I was short, and did not develop as fast as all my friends. Being skinny I was always told to eat or I was to skinny. Sorry folks, just crazy metabolism.
I didn't hit puberty till I was a sophomore in H.S. most of my friends did in Jr. High. I remember a point in H.S. where I was accepted by people around me for who I was and what I looked like.
From that point on I decided to be myself, and not try to be something I wasn't. I also learned that people are great and interesting fat or skinny. It really is what is on the inside that counts.
I was crazy, funny, short, loud and outgoing. That is Jacki. Even over the years I can not change those things, it's just what you get when you get me.
So weather I am 50lbs over weight, or the 107 my 5' frame should be. I am still me.
Just like everyone else in this world, heavy or skinny, you don't know there whole story, and yes I am sure these people have looked in the mirror before. So before you judge, just remember what you looked like in the mirror this morning.
I know people that look pretty average on the outside. But they suck on the inside, they are judgemental and mean. And are better then everyone else. Because they look normal? What is exactly normal I ask?
So when you see a fat or skinny person. Remember, they know. They don't need to be reminded by comments. And don't forget not to stare. People can see in your eyes what you think too.
When you see a blonde. She's not always dumb.
Short and Tall people can not help there height.
Just like people that are a different race, or gay or straight. They ARE born that way. You can not change that, and neither can they.
Learn to get to know someone before you judge them. You just might be missing out on something good in your life. I thank you all my fat, skinny, tall, short, black, white, gay, straight, serious or funny friends. You are what makes my world go round.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Your Fat.
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
11:15 AM












