A Look into A Mommy's Day
I was not tagged by anyone, but instead I tagged myself! I was on Buried with Children, and I too love to answer questions. I see that she tagged my friend over at Maternal Mirth, who then in return might tag me. What a shocker. I just jumped the gun, got to excited, and well... on with the Q and A!
First off, I saw that she had a picture of herself and her 4 kids. Well since I am the mom-a-ratzi around here, it's hard to find a picture of me with both my kids. I know of only 3 picture of me and the tots, of coarse I could find only the one where no one wanted to be held. Happy 4th of July.
1. How many children do you have? two
2. What are the ages of your kids? Mia is 27 months, and Alex is 4 1/2 months.
3.What time of day do you start your day? I have been trying to train the kids that mommy doesn't function well before 8 am, so usually anywhere between 8 and 9 am.
4.What do you eat for breakfast? Coffee, then maybe some eggs, or oatmeal (apple Cinnamon please)
5.Do your kids watch TV? Sprout T.V. I LOVE this channel. Mia loves everything on this channel. Zoboomafo, Barney, The Hoobs, Whiny boy oh I mean Cailu (or however you spell his name. I avoid him, and his whinyness like the plague!) Play with me Sesame. Yes she watches to much of it. I try to limit it to 9 hours a day. Just kidding! Just kidding. About 2 hours then maybe another hour at night before bed.
6.What are their favorite activities? Mia loves the Art room, she plays with her stamps, ink and papers. Oh and her markers too! She got a set for her 2nd birthday. She LOVES to read, even at 2 she will sit and play with her books. When it's nice out, she loves to go for walks, swing in her swing, help me garden, and ride in her wagon. Alex is just starting to play a little. He has some basic toys he holds, and shakes, and squeals at them. He likes to lay out on his blankets and roll back and forth.
7.Do you get a break from the during the day? Are you kidding? I couldn't function with out one. I need at least an hour break, that is nap time. I am usually lucky and can count on two hours. I need to eat lunch, read a magazine, watch t.v., blog, create a project. Something that includes little or no brain power.
8. How do you end your day? Mia and Alex, are in bed by 8 pm, and I am usually making Ed dinner to go to work (he works nights) feed the dogs and cats. Finally after most of the house is kinda picked up, and Ed is out the door. I zone out here, at my blogland. Or I just watch t.v. in bed around 11 or midnight.
9.What is your best parenting advice? Don't let them stress you out. Gah, with a whiner of a two year old, and a little man that needs me all the time. It could drive you insane. But add in two needy barking dogs, and two bizarre cats. It's a lot to handle. But I just take it one project at a time. If something doesn't get cleaned, or done. I am sure it will be here tomorrow.
I can't stress about things, if they see me stressed, it seems to stress them out too.
I also agree with Buried with Children, on her answer. Don't hoover over your kids. The need room to breathe. I let Mia explore since she was able to crawl. Yes I supervised from close by, but if you hoover, they won't know what is out there. It also helps, because she is super independent, and that is great with Alex. (this does not mean leave them unattended for long periods of time.) I watch her from the doorway of her room, or around a corner)
Sunday, September 14, 2008
A Day in the life
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
11:28 AM
Related insane topics Alex, mia mia mia, Mom Time, parenting












