Lets start at the beginning. See this little creature I am holding. Well because of her I took this perfectly normal blonde hair...
Had some crazy post partum adventure, and dyed my hair "chocolate velvet" see below...

This has been in my head ever since P!nk came out in 2000. Her hair was pixie short, and hot pink. I liked it, but as the years went by, she got a mohawk, in many colors, and different lengths.
When Alex was born, I was living out my mohawk dream through him. Well fuck it, I just went ahead and cut it all off. I mean I obviously wasn't happy with this safe mom hair cut I was rockin'... do I look happy to you?
When Alex was born, I was living out my mohawk dream through him. Well fuck it, I just went ahead and cut it all off. I mean I obviously wasn't happy with this safe mom hair cut I was rockin'... do I look happy to you?
So yes, I paid the nice girl, Jessica, at Fantastic S*ams to cut my hair like this. She was great and even pulled up a picture of P!nk online right there in the store.
Ed just shakes his head, knows that I have a lot of feisty in me, and if a mohawk is what I want, there is no holding back! Mia just keeps pointing at me saying "Silly Mommy, silly" even Alex just keeps looking at it.
I think it's fun, different, and well as we all know I crave attention like the best of us attention craving monkeys do! So what better way to get the attention of every normal haired person in the hick town I live in, then to cut off all my hair, and stand what ever is left on my head straight up.

Here are a few pointers in case you are interested in getting a fashionable mohawk yourself...
- You need WAY less shampoo! Yikes, I kinda forgot the first time, and lets just say I need to remember Mrs. Erdman's (my first grade teacher) rule of thumb. A little dab will do ya!
- This also goes for conditioner
- I have been wanting to go back to my natural color, and with out realizing it until yesterday, I just cut off all the dye... now to see what blonde is left of the real color...
- You may forget that you have a mohawk, and wonder why everyone is staring at you. Especially weird when your driving and people just stare.
- Buy this fun stuff called "Hard Up" for your mohawk.
- Yes you can actually have a bad mohawk day.
- I look best with make-up done and mohawk styled (otherwise it's dark circles, and a fuzzy strip of hair)
- Be sure to have witty responses for all the ones you will get from others.
- Be sure to be prepared for "Britney Spears shaved her head and went crazy, are you going crazy?" or "did you pay for that?" and my favorite "Are you a dyke now" nice. real nice. No I am not crazy, well not shave my head crazy, just mohawk crazy. Yes I paid for this, and no I am not a dyke. Thanks for being politically correct on that last one though.
- You can use it to make someone not stand so close to you, by rubbing your mohawk in there face.
- It's SO easy to take care of!
Well that about covers the mohawk, it's here to stay for a while, I like it, for now... man how fun will this NOT be to grow out...












