Monday, September 1, 2008

Mia is perfect

No I am not bragging about my Mia. Well just a little but I need to tell you this story for you to understand...

In July Mia went in to the Doctor because she was complaining that her ears hurt. The Doctor looked at them and she was fine. Maybe since we had swam all morning they were bugging her a little.

Dr. B was listening to her, and said "Don't freak out, but I want you to have her see a Cardiologist for her heart. I hear a murmur" Now Ed, thank god was not there with me. It was just me. I knew that both me and my dad had one, and grew out of them. So I was concerned, but not to the level I knew Ed would be.

It wasn't something we talked much about. We won't hype up a situation until it's well underway and we have a better understanding of it. So it sat in the back of our minds, until last week.

A very nice Cardiologist from Rush St. Luke's in Chicago, came to our Hospital and checked Mia out, she needed an EKG and she did SO well, she sat perfectly still, and loved the little black stickers they put all over her.

After the test the Dr. and nurses left the room for about 10 minutes to go over the results. The Dr. came back in to tell us, that Mia does have a murmur, but it is nothing to worry about.

Dr. also said "Mia is perfect. Her heart is perfect. Take her home, and enjoy your family" then he left.

We cried. We could finally breathe again. A sigh of relief filled the room. We hugged and smiled, and just talked briefly. About how happy we were, how we were both worried about a future of nothing but Hospitals and Doctors, specialist and nurses.

The fact that we can move on with our life, attempting a "normal" life with our kids, is not something we have ever taken for granted. Personally speaking, my parents and I have been to way to many Hospitals, Doctors and Specialist. Trying for over 10 years just to diagnose my sister, Susie, with Dystonia. And now another 8 years trying to slow it down.

I am grateful for the family we have, the house I live in and the people that I surround myself with. My heart (no pun intended) goes out to all the parents and siblings that deal with health issues on a daily basis.

And for those of you, who haven't had a direct impact in your life. From someone who is in constant need of a doctor or a hospital. Count yourself lucky, but as Susie says "somebody always has it worse" your right Frances, your damn right.

We love you Mia. And I am glad your perfect.

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker