A blog that I follow, Half Passed Kissing Time posted about her job, and at the end. Asked this question.
What have you learned from your job?
So I chose to answer it.
I have had so many jobs, I have been a Kennel cleaner, a table busser, a prep kitchen cook. An Administrative Assistant, a casino cashier (twice) a Casino slot auditor (worst job on the planet) a cashier at KMart, and a Personal Banker. I did telemarketing (For insurance co. ugg, that lasted all of 3 days) a Floral clerk at Jewel foods, a bagger too.
From all those jobs. 98% working with the public. I have learned so much about people. I have always been observant, my mother complimented me on it often. I love to watch and learn people. Some I like, some I make not of, never be that way.
I learned that patience is a virtue that we all need to work on when someone is waiting on you. I try my best to be as nice as I can to a cashier, or drive thru. It's a hard job, and it's not the job. It's the people. And those people I am talking about are the not-nice-I-want-it-all-5-minutes-ago-I-don't-care-if-I-ordered-it-wrong-or-that-I-am-running-late. They always take it out on the person waiting on them. Those are the people that live in there little office, and are bitter and angry. Get out of your cube, get some sun, possibly some coffee, and perk up, and slow down.
Now onto the job at hand. The job that I love the best, and get elzippo for pay. But as all of us mom's say, SAH or not. You couldn't pay me the worth of the moments I get with my children. The looks, the hugs, the kisses. I have learned so much already in just the two short years I have been doing this job.
I have learned that I need to take time, to lay in the grass, sniff ALL the flowers, go for walks, play with bubbles, and sidewalk chalk. Take the time to sing songs, and color in a coloring book. I have learned that even if the dogs are barking and Mi is yelling, yet again for me. That Alex is enjoying my time more and more. So taking 20 minutes to hang out and play with my boy is so worth it.
I love every second of being home. I can wait to go back to the working world. I don't miss it. But when both little people are in school. I will be back to working. I have my job, hopefully lined up. Working concerts with my FIL, being a little blonde, I can rake in some decent money being a vendor. Until my debut with the drunkin' concert going public. I will continue to make each day more special then the last.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Whistle while you work
Yada Yada by
Jacki McHale
at
1:08 AM
Related insane topics Alex, mia mia mia, SAHM












