
Today was Cameron's birthday party. My friend Shavonne's Man Pants turned 5 yesterday. I left the house early, so we could get something to eat. I was thinking KFC, or Tac*o B3ll, but then I remembered I would be just a few blocks from the hot dog stand I loved growing up in Joliet.
Pulling up to this sign always means, GREAT hot dogs, AMAZING sloppy joe's, and THE BEST Root beer in a big glass mug are waiting for me inside!

So I tote Alex in his car seat, the diaper bag, and Mia too. All of us go into the cute bright orange little place. I was all excited since this was the first time I had my kids somewhere I grew up. I sit Mia at the counter, on the big orange bar stool. The girls comes up and I say I need a regular hot dog for Mia, a cheese dog with Ketchup, mustard and onions, a sloppy joe, and a large root beer too!
Mia proudly hands her my debit card, and the girl tells me that they only take cash... aarrgghh... the only downfall to cute, little stands like this one... she tells me there is an ATM at the shell behind them... ok, everyone... lets go, mommy only has $4 and that won't buy all that... the girl then says..."today it will"... I gave her a baffled look. I wasn't sure if she was serious, since a hot dog is $2.25 itself... I tried to tell her to just give me close to $4 worth, but she insisted that we get it all.
I couldn't thank her enough. She said, it looked like alot of work to unload the kids, and to make me repack them in the truck, drive around the corner to the ATM, pay the ATM fee, come back, unload them, so she said "it's no big deal"
Yes it is. Now a days ain't a damn thing free, or close too it. I know if I went to a chain restaurant they would have just said no, and I would have had to pack up the kids and go. I really appreciate it... I want to pay it forward. And since I have a business of my own. I will... stay tuned to see what it is...
Oh and if you happened to be in Joliet, Illinois. Be sure to visit "Hey Hot Dog" it's on Ruby Street(Black Road), about a block east of 6 corners, sit relax and enjoy some damn good food.












