Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Manic Monday...

What is the most useful gift you’ve ever been given?
My computer from Ed 5 years ago. I do have to say though, out of all my wedding presents, I have this clock. And it's from a old friend from H.S. It's a blue clock, plastic, with a yellow, IKEA looking bird as the coocoo that swings at the top. Very basic, very plain. And it has been in my art room for over 6 years now. Still to date the most creative (shocker it was from Sean!) and one of the most memorable ones.

Name the most terrifying moment of your life so far.
My sister going into brain surgery in January of 2005.
Or when I was going to my midnight shift, in the early winter that same year (2005) It was one of those cold as fuck, black ice (Thanks to Wikipedia her is some Black ice info for you... also known as "glare ice" or "clear ice," typically refers to a thin coating of glazed ice on a surface, often a roadway.

While not truly black, it is transparent, allowing the usually-black asphalt/macadam roadway to be seen through it, hence the term. It is unusually slick compared to other forms of roadway ice.

Because it contains relatively little entrapped air in the form of bubbles, black ice is transparent and thus very difficult to see (as compared to snow, frozen slush). In addition, it often is interleaved with wet road, which is identical in appearance. For this reason it is especially hazardous when driving or walking because it is both hard to see and unexpectedly slick)

So coming off the highway, I was merging (thank god late and with no traffic) I hit a patch of black ice. I spun out so badly, the officer said I did the "pit maneuver" I spun, and hit the guard rail 3 times. Then leaving myself sideways on the ramp... bad news is, it was foggy, dark, and since I was sideways oncoming traffic from the highway could not see me.

Oh and did I mention I was on my cell phone with my poor mother who will forever have me screaming etched into her brain? I was fine, but the fact that I was stranded, and in a bad spot was no good. Thank goodness while waiting for the city police to get there. The city salt truck stopped and checked on me. He decided to use his big truck to block all traffic till the city got there. My dad picked me up for work, and the car was toed to the shop.

Nothing I did wrong, Just that damn black ice. Scared the shit out of me. Again mom, I am sorry!!

One hot summer afternoon, while walking through a parking lot at a large shopping center, you notice a dog suffering badly from the heat inside a locked car. What would you do?
Call the cops just like I always do. People think they will just be a minute, but they don't understand the effects on how fast and how hot a car can get. Not cool, and I will be the one to get your plates, and report your irresponsible ass.

Insanity at its best


MusicPlaylistRingtones



Mia's how old?!?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Alex is so big!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker